Sunday, March 13, 2011

Peer Comment


Here is the link to Jordan Purvis' Blog:  http://jordanpurvismh2blog.blogspot.com/


Jordan Purvis, I think this was a very good blog about The Beach Boys.  I fully agree with the entire opening paragraph.  To say that The Beach Boys were one of the greatest, no one can deny that fact.  The parts you write about Brian Wilson are mostly correct too.  I disagree and would not say that Brian Wilson wrote Pet Sounds all by himself.  I know that he had help writing lyrics with Tony Asher, and when it came time to record the CD, the rest of the band and studio musicians did the recordings that Brian Wilson wanted.  I would still say that Pet Sounds would not be so unique or even around if Brian Wilson acted any other way than he did.  I like your closing statement for the fact that you put effort into what you enjoy and do musically.  Also, I agree that when an artist does something good, it should be recognized.

No comments:

Post a Comment